Still trying to decide where you should go watch fireworks at this 4th of July?
Navy Pier is a great place if you want to be close to the action, but there are plenty of spots all along the lakefront where you won’t have to deal with as big a crowd. Here are some of our favorite places to see sparks fly.
- Navy Pier – Show starts at 9:30 p.m.
- DuSable Harbor
- Adler Planetarium – You’ll get an awesome view of the fireworks around the city, and a view of the skyline!
- Shedd Aquarium
- Promontory Point
- Maggie Daley Park
- Oak Street Beach
- Incase you wanted to be on a boat, but don’t own one, there are a handful of river and lake cruises that will set you up for the perfect evening. Shoreline offers a combined architecture and fireworks tour.
- Millennium Park
- Lincoln Park
- 31st Street Beach
- Fullerton Beach
- Belmont Harbor
- Cindy’s – Right off of Michigan Ave, across from Millennium Park.
- Skokie – Parade at 6:30 p.m. off of Oakton St. Live music and fireworks after the parade.
- Evanston – Clark Street Beach